What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I did a little pitcher trimming today

• Thread starter DJ57
  • Start date

DJ57

I am a CPaholic...
Everything is still asleep here in the PNW, but a few have nice pitchers carried over from last year.

The bog before the haircut:
32091136493_4d6c8540ea_z.jpg
[/url]Bog Feb. 14, 2017 by Djoni C, on Flickr[/img]

After:
32865381266_7674c85892_z.jpg
[/url]Feb. 14, 2017 Bog by Djoni C, on Flickr[/img]

359a23b.jpg

far4vl.jpg

Clearing it out already? I was just thinking the other day I'll probably want to get that done in a couple weeks.

Clearing it out already? I was just thinking the other day I'll probably want to get that done in a couple weeks.

I thought I would take advantage of the break in the weather the last few days since I have so many to do. Who knows when we will get more dry days around here the way it has been going, haha.

Last edited:
Friend, here in Brazil serious problems with dengue diseases. These bowls I wanted to find here and buy, in it let live fish that eat dengue larva.

Congratulations on your cultivation.

I was gone, I lost my dream as a droso, but one day maybe I can.

Big hug

Friend, here in Brazil serious problems with dengue diseases. These bowls I wanted to find here and buy, in it let live fish that eat dengue larva.

Congratulations on your cultivation.

I was gone, I lost my dream as a droso, but one day maybe I can.

Thank you. Mosquitoes are a problem here also, but fortunately dengue rarely occurs in the US. I use Mosquito Dunks in all my trays (containing a bacteria toxic to the larvae), but “mosquito” fish do a good job also in deeper water and I have them in my water garden barrels for that purpose.

Sorry to hear of your Drosophyllum losses. I hope you keep trying though.

Big hug

Thank you. Mosquitoes are a problem here also, but fortunately dengue rarely occurs in the US. I use Mosquito Dunks in all my trays (containing a bacteria toxic to the larvae), but “mosquito” fish do a good job also in deeper water and I have them in my water garden barrels for that purpose.

Sorry to hear of your Drosophyllum losses. I hope you keep trying though.

Back