What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How low should I go?

• Thread starter DragonsEye
  • Start date

DragonsEye

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite!
So took my sarrs out of the fridge a couple days ago to put them outside on the balcony. (Barring another freeze, figure they can just stay out there and wake up slowly.). Anyhow, some of the pitchers on my sarr rubra had white fuzzy mold on the upper portion of a number of the old pitchers. Cut the pitchers off below the fuzz line leaving approximately 3" of old pitcher above the soil line. Noticed that the remaining pitchers were still choke full for dead carcasses. Should I cut them down even lower? And if so, how low should I go?

I cut all my sarrs down to basically soil level every year, so I'd say just completely remove the old pitchers and give the new growth more space.

I also cut old pitchers down close to the crown on everything except purpurea or plants that still carry pitchers that look like they never went through a dormancy.

Alrighty then. Guess I'll have to do some snipping in the next few days.

Thanks for the input!

Back