What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two towers

• Thread starter DragonsEye
  • Start date

DragonsEye

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite!
Don't have a lot of sarrs -- not a lot of room to keep them. My flava var ornata is a small plant (4" pot) but, after overwintering in my fridge, has gamely sent up two tall pitchers which are currently towering over my rubra and L.W. (though she seems to be rising to the challenge).

(Pictures aren't the greatest, I know, but with no pc I've had to resort to taking pics with my iPad.)

Very nice; mine are just beginning to produce pitchers.

Slackers . . .

Last edited:
Thanks, BB!

I know for a lot of folks here this would be a rather "ho-hum" event, but I'm pretty happy about it. Not being able to leave mine outside on my balcony for the winter means having to do dormancy in my fridge -- which I've gotten the impression can be a bit iffy. Also, last time I had any sarrs was over a decade ago (a purpurea). So having three doing well -- rubra in spike, flava with a couple nice tall pitchers, and LW looking like it will do the same -- is quite gratifying.

I am surprised yours are just beginning to produce pitchers. Considering the mildness of your climate, I would have expected them to be well underway.

Last edited:
Back