What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ositos plants thread

• Thread starter osito
  • Start date
Here's my collection as of now! Very small but looking good!

Full shot

Flava var. rugelii

Typical leucophylla just opening it first pitchers

Hurricane creek leucophylla just barely waking up

Minor okee giant with a hurricane creek nib that popped off the larger one and a big mouth x low giant flytrap.

Jonesii

Unknown hybrid, oreophylla x who knows what

Unknown hybrid seedling I got from sarracenia northwest open house last year.

Looking good! I love that flava. I suspect you will fill that pallet in no time and will most likely need to add more pallets in the near future, haha.

Thank you! I think so too!

Your minors are looking good. I'll be looking forward to an update on those.

I'd bet your oreophila (not oreophylla; spelling is important in taxonomy and horticulture) x? is an oreo x moorei hybrid; I have a couple oreo x "Blood Moon" with somewhat similar color and fenestrations.

I'd bet your oreophila (not oreophylla; spelling is important in taxonomy and horticulture) x? is an oreo x moorei hybrid; I have a couple oreo x "Blood Moon" with somewhat similar color and fenestrations.

Thanks for the insight.

After a little sun

New flava var. atropurpurea from the snw open house this past weekend. Potted up with a d. tracyi.

Unknown hybrid seedling from snw I got from the open house last year just put out the most mature yet. Looking very flava-esque but being it putting this out late in the season I'm guessing some leucophylla is in there.

Last edited:
I like it. It seems almost like a very red flava with some nice veining. Definately will be exciting to see what the fully mature plant looks like

Looks like it could have oreophila and flava in the mix. Nice plant!

It's already starting to clump too. Maybe some rubra as well.

It's a dead ringer for some of the oreophila x flava rubricorpora I have, so likely something similar. And both oreo and flava can clump pretty early on, that's not a uniquely rubra trait.

It's a dead ringer for some of the oreophila x flava rubricorpora I have, so likely something similar. And both oreo and flava can clump pretty early on, that's not a uniquely rubra trait.

Does the late season robust growth as well as no phyllodia have any significance or do juvenile plants not follow the same guidelines as adults?

Juveniles will not necessarily grow like adult plants, no. And my oreo x flava (all of them, not just the rubri cross) have yet to produce phyllodia of any kind; whether or not that's because of the late start they had, the weird weather, or because they don't necessarily produce phyllodia until far later in the season I'm not sure.

Hurricane creek white putting out a more mature looking pitcher

Just ordered a 'Leah Wilkerson' for my birthday! So ef*** excited for next season! Will post when I get it

Last edited:
Back