What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help identifying this nepenthese?

I'm pretty new at this and this is my first plant. I want to make a real setup for it and get it to pitcher again (it's growing now but not pitchering) but I don't know if it's a highland or a lowland plant and I'm hoping to figure that out before I buy all the stuff. The temperatures here are mild, 75-ish indoors, cooler at night, and the city I live in is right by the ocean so it isn't super dry. I keep the plant indoors on my desk, and it's happy enough to grow new leaves so I was thinking that that might indicate it being a highland plant? But I'm not certain. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

http://imgur.com/a/tBvVO

Last edited:
From the pitchers it has I'd say that it's N. ventricosa x ampullaria which is a hybrid with a lowland and an intermediate plant. As for it not pitchering how much light does it get every day?

From the pitchers it has I'd say that it's N. ventricosa x ampullaria which is a hybrid with a lowland and an intermediate plant. As for it not pitchering how much light does it get every day?

It's on a desk away from the windows, but it gets pretty bright in here so I would say diffused sun? Should I put it closer to the windows? I have an east and a west facing window. Thanks for your help.

It's definitely ventricosa x ampullaria, probably Lady Luck, intermediate-lowland. East facing window with 4-6 of direct to strong diffused sunlight if possible is best. Also, this thread should be in the Nepenthes subforum, not the Sarracenia/Heliamphora/Cephalotus subforum.

It's definitely ventricosa x ampullaria, probably Lady Luck, intermediate-lowland. East facing window with 4-6 of direct to strong diffused sunlight if possible is best. Also, this thread should be in the Nepenthes subforum, not the Sarracenia/Heliamphora/Cephalotus subforum.

My mistake (I'll do better next time!) Thanks for the help. I'll move the plant right away.

Back