What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feeding Darlingtonia

• Thread starter ShoalCreek
  • Start date
Hi Guys-

I have some new(ish) Helis that I have been feeding with orchid ferts. Maxsea, I forget the ratio.. I think its 16 16 16. If I keep with the schedule, every 2 weeks.

Anyway, I have a new adult sized Darlingtonia. Can I feed it the same way?

Also, I am trying to use my iPad to upload a pic, image fails to upload. Is it because there's no way to upload the pic size... pic too large?

Thanks!

Best regards, Lisa

Hi Guys-

I have some new(ish) Helis that I have been feeding with orchid ferts. Maxsea, I forget the ratio.. I think its 16 16 16. If I keep with the schedule, every 2 weeks.

Anyway, I have a new adult sized Darlingtonia. Can I feed it the same way?

Also, I am trying to use my iPad to upload a pic, image fails to upload. Is it because there's no way to upload the pic size... pic too large?

Thanks!

Best regards, Lisa

Sure, use the same fertilizer, twice a month. I generally use 1/4 strength 30:10:10 orchid fertilizer . . .

Darlingtonia Feeding

Sure, use the same fertilizer, twice a month. I generally use 1/4 strength 30:10:10 orchid fertilizer . . .

Thanks much!

I've attached a picture of my plants. Not very exciting yet, all are fairly new and have had a rough journey.
Originally, I was going to create an enclosure in the house - but I wasnt satisfied with the amount of light.
The plants are now in the greenhouse, with rainwater circulated from my in-ground water tank. The water is about 65F, 60F or lower in the morning.
In the near future, I will start using the greenhouse fans - which will really reduce the humidity. I am going to put a couple of misters on either side with a seconds timer.

Heli.jpg

Back