What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarrs surviving light spring freezing ?

• Thread starter tatorger
  • Start date
So I don't have much experience with sarrs. I just got my current sarrs from the NASC auction and I've been bringing them inside every night because where I live the night time temps have been dropping to just above freezing. My day time temps have been around 45-55 for the past week but next week it is supposed to be in the middle 60s. They have been showing signs of waking up so thats why I was a little worried about the cold temps. I guess my question is, is it necessary for me to be bringing them in at night? And if so at what night time temps would it be okay to leave them out? Unfortunately I don't have any space under my lights or I would wake them up indoors and move the out once it was warm
Thanks for looking
Travis

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If anyone was wondering, they can survive some decent spring freezing. There was one day it when from the high 50s during the day and dropped to the mid 20 at night. I panicked the next morning when all the sphagnum on the top of the pot was frozen solid but they don't seem to have skipped a beat. Everything is still pushing growth, can't wait to get some flower pics

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back