What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heli yellowing

• Thread starter FLTropical
  • Start date
Got this h. minor about four weeks ago, and I bagged it, and have been trying to slowly harden it to indoor humidity levels. Sits under lights, with temps ranging from high sixties to about 80 F. I’ve been cutting holes in the bag, with little change in the plant until this weekend, when a lot of the pitchers have started to yellow. I made two changes in care last week - opened another hole in the bag and moved the light (a cfl) closer. It’s now about four inches away.

How should I proceed? Bag it up again to raise humidity? Raise the light? Both? Wait it out?

4c1715e5d9c9b1d8d8ca2726a2155c65.jpg

9549586e9471934bd51f15ffaffc7941.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you been keeping water in the pitchers? I would start with filling the pitchers with maxsea, water in Trichoderma if you have it. If not I would top water very heavily. When you see the fluid level in the pitchers go down top them off with water.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

No, not really. Ugh. Just topped them off. Do you think that’s probably it?

I haven't had any of my plants do this during acclimation. It makes me wonder if the plant might want more light?

What wattage is the CFL and does it have a reflector ( photos help)

What wattage is the CFL and does it have a reflector ( photos help)

It’s a Hydrofarm FLF27D Desktop Plant Lamp. 27-watt bulb. It has a C.R.I. of 80-85, gives as much light as an ordinary 150-watt bulb.

I had the bulb moved very close starting last week. Could have overheated the plant?

16 hours on, 8 off

Looks like overheating to me and low humidity. Good for a hot spinach salad; not so much for helis . . .

Thanks. I bagged it up again and moved the light back to where it was. Also put water in the pitchers.

Back