What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora parva . . .

• Thread starter BigBella
  • Start date
One of the four flowers, which my Heliamphora parva produced this season -- on two sizable stalks, over the Summer months -- looks to have finally been pollinated; and that ovary has since become large and in charge. H. parva produces the largest, though just about the least colorful flowers of the genus -- reaching anywhere from 80-130 mm in diameter from tepal to tepal. Those posted below reached a bit over 100 mm this year.

Thanks again to Butch and his "Heliamphora 101" for the suggestion of gathering the ripe anthers and drying them overnight in jars or bags of desiccant. How he is able to produce pollen from his plants, akin to that cocaine dust-up in Annie Hall, is beyond me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOBP7RxsHlQ Too humid in Kali-forn-ia, suggests the Lama of Tincher Tepui. I had to resort to a dissecting microscope; forceps and scalpels; much coffee; and some choice language, to obtain what I needed.

Hardly enough blow to satisfy a bored Angeleno . . .

Heliamphora parva 7-10 October

Attachments

• 0-2.jpg
    0-2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 0-1.jpg
    0-1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
The seed pod suddenly split, early this morning, after a few months of development. While the yield was on the lower side, they look healthy and wholly intact . . .

Heliamphora parva 23 December

Attachments

• 0-1.jpg
    0-1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Photo on 12-23-18 at 11.19 AM.jpg
    Photo on 12-23-18 at 11.19 AM.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 57
Congrats on the seed pod and good luck with them. I would love to try some Heli from seed. Sadly few Heli are a long way off from flowering but...hey something to look forward to right.

Congradulations, looking forward to seeing what these turn into in a couple years from now.

:triumphant:
Congrats man- I'm excited to see them go sprout to plant!

Back