Likes Likes:  0

Thread: sarracenia saurus seeds

PitcherPlantDruggie PitcherPlantJunkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sarracenia saurus seeds

Hi, I'm going to be getting some sarracenia saurus seeds and I'm just wondering if they might pass down their awesome trait. Last december, I saw a seller sell saurus x HCW seeds and I was just wondering whether they will have some special traits or will they just be regular (flava x leuco) x leuco seeds since they are all cultivars.
    Thank you

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cannot have seeds of S. 'Saurus,' only S. 'Saurus' x self, as this is a cultivar that will not breed true from seeds, particularly as it is a hybrid. Any cross will have some offspring that show traits carried from the particular parent plants used, but not all will and some will simply turn out standard-looking moorei spectrum plants.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

PitcherPlantDruggie PitcherPlantJunkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    You cannot have seeds of S. 'Saurus,' only S. 'Saurus' x self, as this is a cultivar that will not breed true from seeds, particularly as it is a hybrid. Any cross will have some offspring that show traits carried from the particular parent plants used, but not all will and some will simply turn out standard-looking moorei spectrum plants.
    Yeah that's what I meant. So it might have the traits of saurus and it might not?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the offspring by necessity of inheritance will carry some trait of either parent involved, but will not show all traits of either parent; some will not show any of the cultiver-described traits either.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist