What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Splitting S purp purp

I’ve got a pretty decent sized S purpurea purpurea that clearly has a double crown. I’m going to repot it soon and I’m debating on whether or not I should use a sharp knife or razor blade to split it into two plants. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

If you want to divide it, feel free. All Sarrs can be easily split or divided provided there are some roots on the pieces. Some suggest spraying the cut (exposed) areas with fungicide, but I don't think I ever have done it, and haven't had any problems. Good luck.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

If you want to divide it, feel free. All Sarrs can be easily split or divided provided there are some roots on the pieces. Some suggest spraying the cut (exposed) areas with fungicide, but I don't think I ever have done it, and haven't had any problems. Good luck.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I’ve successfully divided more horizontal rhizomes and “baby” S purp venosa and rosa off a “mother” plant but these plants are the same size. When I get it unpotted I’ll know what the root structure is like and hopefully I’ll be able to split it.

Back