What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's going on with this Sarr?

• Thread starter TheFury
  • Start date

TheFury

Oh, the humanity!!
I made myself a humble little bog planter after a long hiatus away from CPs. I've only ever grown indoors, so this is my first foray into outdoor growing.

I've had these plants for about a week now and a few days ago the pitcher on this S. flava ornata started wilting from the top down.

The planter it's in has rocks at the bottom, peat/sand in the middle, and LFS at the top. The roots at this stage are mainly sitting in LFS until they grow a bit deeper. There are drainage holes drilled in the side of this planter about 60% up from the base, so most of the roots of these plants are likely submerged.

I'm letting the rain do most of the watering but I supplement with tap water. Here in NYC we're fortunate to have incredibly low TDS in our tap water and I've found over the years that CPs don't complain about it.

Not sure what to make of this since I've never had a Sarr go south on me quite like this. Any advice would be appreciated!

1b9b629e00c4b995781598a00683bf2a.jpg

cb62e227beaa379470eaadd6b2690d3d.jpg

One more thing: this planter is in a place where it gets about an hour and a half or full sun per day. I'm acclimating it before I move it into a sunnier spot for good. Maybe even that 1.5 hour stretch of full sun is too much, too soon after shipping?

I'll take a better pic up close tonight.

Back