What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. Purpurea questions for research!

• Thread starter Pied
  • Start date
Hello!

I'm working on a research question this semester about S. purpurea. I've been reading a lot of papers looking for a way to distinguish "juvenile" and "mature" pitchers from each other in the field. From what I've found of the methods they used, they are all different-- and seem to be up to the researcher to set their parameters (which is fine).

And while I have my own thoughts, I'd love to hear from my plant loving friends to open up my mind to more. What would you suggest as ways to differentiate between juvenile pitchers and mature in their natural environment?

Thanks ahead!

I don't mean this to sound too obvious but I would suggest that you look at as many plants as you can manage - either in the field or in cultivation. You can learn a lot just by looking at lots of different individuals. My other suggestion is that you grow this species. Closely watching a plant grow sometimes yields insights that you won't easily find in wild-growing individuals.

'Just my opinion. Good luck on your project!

Last edited:
Back