What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring Cleaning

• Thread starter Camsdad66
  • Start date
Well, i know it's not spring yet, but many of my Sarracenia are waking up from their long winter's nap. Found a bunch of S. x readii that had literally busted out of their pot! Not the first time I've had that happen. Other photo is a little "before and after" trimming.
06b758bfec70f2948e7054601586ee46.jpg
446e60d920b32f347731ee38bce145ba.jpg
cac398239d58303ebbfb8e1962344ea5.jpg
e1b8f4b7ea86c76af01fd0da2ea72b08.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

so exciting to see activity! how long have you had them in those pots?

That particular group of plants....probably a little too long! Not sure, probably a couple of years at least.

That particular group of plants....probably a little too long! Not sure, probably a couple of years at least.

That is quite an impressive number of growth points. I bet that sucker sends up 20+ pitchers easy in the spring?

Ha ha....it probably would have, but i divided it out of necessity and to try to sell a few off, as i have too many of this particular hybrid. It grows and divides like crazy!

Ha ha....it probably would have, but i divided it out of necessity and to try to sell a few off, as i have too many of this particular hybrid. It grows and divides like crazy!

My Doreens Colossus is like that but I am just too lazy to divide right now :)

Nice! I've never had a pot bust, I use square pots and they just bend and warp. Not sure if it's the shape, the material, or age of pot that allows for that... But I do enjoy seeing a warped/busted Sarr pot!

Back