Thread: Quick Cephalotus Questions

Getting There...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick Cephalotus Questions

Hey all!
    So, after almost two years, a few leaf pullings I received from a member of this forum are finally starting to inflate their first adult pitchers!
    Both are on the tray method, under a humidity dome. One is is a sand/peat/perlie mix, the other is in mostly LFS with a bit of the other stuff mixed in.
    1) If I wanted to feed the adult pitchers, should I just do a beta pellet or two in the pitcher? Would an injection of weak maxsea be better? If so, what strength?
    2) The one in the sandy mix has developed a decent amount of mss (Not Sphagnum) on the top layer. Do I need to be concerned about this choking out the ceph? Should I repot it in something else, or just try to tweeze out the moss?

Thanks for any and all help! I'm trying to keep them getting healthier!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go with the Betta pellets, they work quite well, better then Maxsea I think, and they are easier to use. Also, the cheap ones work just as well as the more expensive ones so keep that in mind. As to the moss, when my Cephs are small I try to keep the junk moss down but once they are making adult pitchers it's not a problem.

Getting There...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate your response!
    Is just one pellet per pitcher good? And how often should I refeed them? I think I have the same question about neps as well...
    Last edited by Vbkid; 09-24-2020 at 08:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually do a couple per pitcher but if you prefer only one that works fine too and I usually don't feed all my pitchers every time, just a few and then a different few a week or two later and so on, that way, if I mess up and over do it, I don't lose too many pitchers. I like to feed my Neps either more pellets or more often, if you over do it though you will probably loose the pitcher so ease into it.