What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hate kids

Yeah, that's true... I would personally go into the brat's bedroom, and rip down ALL his posters, steal his piggy bank, DESTROY his prized action figure.... and all that stuff.

Then, when the kid is crying, you look at the little jerk and say, "How do you like it, you spoiled <insert 20 min beep here> brat?" and leave.

Wow has this thread received alot of attention LOL- Let me give you my 2 cents worth-

We live in the inner city up in Erie Pa, small town, but has its problems like everywhere else. When we bought our place, there were a ton of mid to late teens, all delinquents for the most part. Now mind you, it helped that my husband's occupation was in running juv. delinquent group homes, cause I'm sure that had an impact on how the kids thought about what they could get away with. BUT I think even more important is that we made some very strong efforts to treat the kids with respect and to get along with them. Now mind you, we did not invite them in to tea LOL, but we showed curtesy and respect.

I can tell you, we are the only house in the neighborhood that has not had some type of problem in 18 years, so I'd say it worked. My kids are now at the mid to late teen age and I can tell you they are on such a short rope of what they can and cannot do that they are ready to run away from home sometimes LOL, but at least they are not the problem children in the neighborhood for this season.

Sorry about the vandelism that happened Pyro, I know it is upsetting and makes you angry. I do advise instead of treating the kids poorly because of it, try a bit of friendship when you see them. They can be more protectors than problems in the future.

An interesting thought, Linda....

Instead of having them steal from you, make a few cutting to GIVE them, teach then how to take care of them....Maybe there will be a few more garden around your complex next year, Pyro!

Hmmmmmm.

I would be afraid of wanting to shove the plant down their mouth...after they just wrecked them.

Hey pyro, if I were you, I would get some nettles.
wink.gif

Kids can be cruel. I know this because after all, I'm 13. But I also know that the one thing that PO's kids my age most is being treated like were not our age.( I.E. being treated like were younger than our age. ) Although, I find being spoon fed very relaxing. J/K
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

Mike
smile.gif

Very good point about giving out cuttings. Contraire to popular belief, many kids destroy what they don't understand... and by making them understand and appreciate the plants by giving them one, they wouldn't be so apt to destroy yours, would they?

I'd deal with them the same way I do with all outside pests: Super Soaker 2000. My 7lb, 45psi, water gun was the third most powerful on the market. And it got pulled from the market for being too dangerous. Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh!!!!

(For the kiddies, 45psi is the pressure some people fill their car tires with. Which means it hurts and shoots pretty darn far.)

Heh heh heh. That got rid of the kid and his dog that enjoyed "fertilizing" my lawn every morning.

Or a spyder paintball gun that got rid of the kids when the threw eggs at my window on Halloween.hahahh
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Back