What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inside or outside?

hey there peeps!  well i gots some sars from the grab bag sale and at first i kept them inside in my mini greenhouse. then i just moved them outside and the cute little (3-6 in) pitchers seem to have been blown around by the wind (the devil). they now droop and look beat.  what the heck should i dooooooo!!!!?? move em back inside or will they gey used to their new enviroment? thanx fer your help
xDouglasx

Even though some of the pitchers are knock down by the wind, I still leave them outside. In some cases, if some sarracenia get too tall, just make supports for it to prevent future knock downs.

hi death!
fwiw, i leave my sarr's outside. they will adjust to the humidity levels outside in time. if i know that we are about to have a big storm, i will try to move them to a location that will protect them from the winds. for the most part, they just sit outside on my driveway in a tray of water, and seem to be doing quite well!

peace,
technoracer
barberton, ohio (by akron)

Back