What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Milk/Eggwite question:

• Thread starter Candleman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    pitchers
C

Candleman

Hi Folks,

I've been keeping up with the Great Milk Experiment, but I still have one question: I would like to try it, but is the milk and/or eggwhite added to just one pitcher per plant or all of the pitchers?

TIA for clearing this up for me!!!

yes, i would like to know the answer to this too, also if the plants are new, how long should you wait before feeding these types of foods?

cc

After rereading the post to be sure, I beleive RamPuppy just put it in one pitcher of each plant to start with, in case there were any bad reactions, and then after several weeks he put whey protein into all the pitchers of all his plants.  So he did it both ways.
wink.gif

smile.gif

I would only add it to one pitcher at a time to be on the safe side and then only if your plant isn't brand new (sorry ccrider
sad.gif
 ) because it will still be getting over the shock of addapting to a new environment.  Once it settles in it should be fine.

I have to admit that as strange as feeding milk to my plants sounded, I did notice a spurt in growth afterwards.  My only other caution is to only give a little at a time.  To much of a good thing can be bad
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

edited: 9-5-02 @ 7:46 'cause of a DUH spelling error

As before of my rapid growth with my S.Purp I dded a 3/4cm bit of eggwhite in each pitcher. That died because of no water while I was on holiday, and the new purp I have fed the same, but because its with a Ping it has all the water it needs!

go with just one pitcher at a time unless your a schmuck like me!

My plants are doing great, but I take extra special care the first few days after supplimentation, by spraying down the pitchers with water to make sure there is no food for fungi and so on...

just do a little bit to, your plant doesn't need a lot.

I prefer a liquid solution to one that is solid/cooked... I think milk is a better option...
(Or definatley whey protien if you can get it&#33
wink.gif

Thanks Everybody!

I will let you know what I do and how it goes!!!

Thanks again!

Back