What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

seedlings

hey everyone

parasuco and i were discussing this topic. we cannot come to a conclusion if we should put our seedling leucs into dormancy this year. they have like 5 to 7 leaves on them and are about 2 to 3 inches high. theyre little guys. i was thinking of putting them in my moms room for the winter cause it stays like 40 to 50 degrees all winter in her room and its sheltered from frost (obviously) but we thought we would get every one elses opinion. thank you for any help!!! take care!

-josh

i recently read some where i dont remember where, it may have been on this sight that some one was having great success with there sarras after not puting them through dormancy the first year.

Joel

I personally can't vouch for this method, but I have heard of plants flowering in their 3rd or 4th year if you skip the first two dormancies and fertilize them every few weeks during the winter.

Back