What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wooot woot!

Oh yah, 2 Northern purple pitchure seeds sprouted!  Only took me since October to get them to do it but I did (2 out of 100 seeds messed with total, 2 out of 50 seeds in last ditch effort).

In short, I'm happy.

I'd also like to thank these two seeds for staying alive so that I could sprout them as the seed I got is now (ballpark) 3 years old and has travled from person to person during that time.  Oh yah, and the person who sent me the seed, thanks to you too, lol!

A note on seedlings, wow, them funny lookin buggers.  I think they could eat my sundew seedlings, lol.  It's so cool how the seed is stuck on top of the leaflets still.

Edit: Er, uh... When does one transplant Pitcher plants? These babies are my first and the last thing I want to do is kill them o_O

Great job! I would wait a while untill they are considerably larger. Congrats,
Kevin

nice jobs Darcie
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Hi Darcie,
Welcome back, by the way!
biggrin.gif

In my (limmited) experience with sar seedlings, they don't grow too fast at first. I have some seedlings that sprouted back in...oh....September? October? Something like that. They're still barley an inch tall! They have some nice, sturdy mini-pitchers, but they just haven't had that growth explosion I was expecting. So, in short, I guess you have a while before re-potting is an issue.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BjørnNorman @ May 23 2003,5:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">nice jobs Darcie
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Well, I believe it was YOUR seed
wink.gif

Back