What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. Flava catching lots of bugs

This evening when I was feeding my bunny named 'Snowball', I saw black stuff all over the tops of my S. Flava! I first thought it was sunburn but as I got closser I realized that the pitchers were covered in ants! All the ants were intoxicated by the nectar. I went to grab my camera and moved the plant to be able to take a better shot. Unfortunately by the time I got everything ready to take the photo nearly all the ants were already caught. Only a few were left on the hood.

Anyway here is the photo with a some of the drunk ants left.
ANTS.jpg

And here is who I was feeding while my Pitcher Plant was feeding itself.
Bunny.jpg

Joe

Holy crap, that's a lot of ants! Your S. Flava is having a feast that night.

aww what a cute bunny
tounge.gif

i had a white rabit like yours, but all white, it was named snowball too
tounge.gif

that has happeend before to my purpurea, i left it hanging on a tree and then i look at it there were ants EVERYWHERE!

My flava seems to attract more ants than any insects. Be watchful for any nests in the pot of the sarrs. The ants might plant some scale or aphid on sarrs.

that bunny looks alot like the one in monty python... It looks mean... I want to hear it say oooohhh in a groggy evil voice. [insert maniachial laugh]

Thank you for insulting my bunny. She just woke up so she looks sleepy. Just a bad photo.. I'll take a better one.

I want to pet it
smile.gif

She'd rather be pet then get excercise around the house. If you pet her she sits or lays down and stops moving. When she was a baby I had a hard time picking her up since she'd run ALL over the place. But now she loves attention... btw it was her 4th birthday last month.

Back