What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question?

Hi All, I have a question for you guys and gals. My Sarracenias that I got from petfly are puting up shoots, but some aren't. How do you know if the plant is dead? Or should I wait a couple of more weeks? It's been two weeks. I have them in my greenhouse. They get 4 hours of direct light. 5 hours of filtered light. It gets as hot as 90 degress, with 40 to 50 percent humidity during the day. And 65 degress, and 90 to 100 percent humidity at night. Thanks..

I would say just give them a while and see what happens. Some Sarrs are fast growers, while others are just a little slower.

Good luck!
FTG

1)Any idea what type of sarracenia's are the ones that aren't putting up shoots?

2)Did you bury the rhizome completely?

You can tell if a plant is dead if it rots. Most plants shouldn't be squishy.

Basically, if there's still plant left, i'd leave it. IMHO a plant has two choices in life, rot or grow.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll wait to see what comes out in about a week or two. Thanks again.

Back