What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My darlingtonias ala

I forgot to mention that my darlingtonias ala ( that poeace of leaf ) is like a regular pitcher plants , its not twisted . is this normal because this is a medium size plant i got from cooks . if it is'nt normal then probably I have a new variety that i can sell for miliions , j/k . so is this normal

its fine and perfectly normal

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (unknownclown @ Mar. 14 2003,2
wow.gif
)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">its fine and perfectly normal[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
maybe not <!--emo&
tounge.gif

I read that the pitchers grow facing inward, then when they mature they twist outward. Goldtrap2690, are the pitchers opened yet? If they're not, it's very likely they will twist around soon, and if they are open, they might twist couple of days. (I think! )what growing conditions are they in?

haha dude I have about 20 of the suckers last I looked, they grow how they grow.....
1365smaller_cobras-med.jpg

1365cobras_7-15-02_lg0003-med.jpg

1365cobras_7-15-02_lg0005-med.jpg

By the way I also have small seedlings that can't even develop the "heads" yet that are just points and they face both inwards and outwards.

hey unknownclown , I used to have 9 darlingtonais exactly like yours that i brought for a very chep price , but then i traded them all away , then the plants i traded them for i gave aways , and then i had no more cp's left then i started to collect cp's all over again . anyways yes the pitchers are open , and also I don't know about the pitchers facing inwards or outwards part , probably tells the maturity .

WOW!!! unc, those cobras are fascinating!!! Please post more pics! those are some awesome darlingtonia

Back