What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giant sarracenia

thought you folks on the other side of the pond might like to see my entry in the CPUK forum tallest pitcher competition. it is an alata x flava var flava cvMaxima
ALATA%20X%20FLAVAMAX%20CLOSEUP0040.jpg

It won't show!

(shouting at picture)Quit being a coward, pitcher picture! Show your face!

I see it now! THAT THING IS HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGE!!!

gooo, watch outie cause you might loose an arm, hehe... small children beware!!!!
tounge.gif

What does that thing eat, birds?

Very impressive! Do you keep it outside?

wow that things huge. you did a great job!

this may be off topic, but howcome some flava openings (peristome?) are really round, but some others including his are "pinched" like then near the front?

Dear me!
That thing is really tall! It must be really slender, too. It looks like the mouth is barely over an inch wide.

Well now.... I am only 16 inches taller than that pitcher... Hubby keeps telling me I'm short....... would this be proof?

AMAZING! The pics dont show now, but I saw them yesterday on the cpuk forum! Do you think my 20 inch S. alata 'black' x flava 'red' could compete?
wink.gif

Well, might be able to compete for beauty, but definately not for height!
tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am only 16 inches taller than that pitcher... Hubby keeps telling me I'm short....... would this be proof? [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Well, you can tell your hubby that my wife is only 14 inches taller....
wink.gif
wink.gif

finally got my webpage sorted & fixed the link!!!

Congragulations on growing such a large amd beautiful plant, oh, better put up a sign that says "beware, carnivorous lawn" that is, if you keep it outside
wink.gif
Kevin

ROTFLMAOWTDLAMF!!!

wow , whats your secret , flys drenched in slug slime , lol .

Back