What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. willisii ?

Hello all,
I was looking at the description of Sarracenia leucophylla 'Red', and it says it is crossed with S. x willisii... what is S. x willisii? Thanks

To find the answer to this, and all such questions, go to the Carnivorous Plant Database at
http://www.omnisterra.com/bot/cp_home.cgi

But to answer your question, quoting the CP Database
N: [Sarracenia * willisii {Hort.Veitch ex ?Gordon}]
P: Gard.Mag.1894:410 (1894)
S: =[[[Sarracenia purpurea {L.}] * [Sarracenia psittacina {Michx.}]] * [[[Sarracenia purpurea {L.}] * [Sarracenia flava {L.}]] * [Sarracenia purpurea {L.}]]]

Ok, thanks!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
At first I felt kinda stupid not knowing, but that's one heck of lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg
ggggggg
(gasp, pant) cross breeding project!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
tounge.gif
wow.gif
wink.gif
confused.gif

It is a complicated cross yes
smile.gif
The strange thing is that even though it is only 1/8th flava, the plant is a lot more upright than would be expected every time. Genetics work in weird ways.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Alvin Meister @ April 13 2003,10:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Genetics work in weird ways.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
smile.gif
I agree! (I wish there was a three-eyed smiley)

Back