What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what temp is good for my greenhouse?

Hey i just got into carnivorous plants not to long ago and just got a greenhouse and was wondering what the temperature sould be for my plants?!?!I have a S. Flava, S. Mardi Gras, S. Leucophylla and 2 fine tooth x red VFT's.My greenhouse is about 6 feet long and 6 feet wide so basically 6' by 6' feet. Anyways, what i was also wondering was what could i use to keep the temperature up because i live in Washington.
         Thanks a bunch,
                              Kevin
smile.gif

Temperature should be 20 to 40C during the day, with 30C being just right. Sorry, I don't know what that is in farenheit!

It's works out to about 68° to 104°F with 86°F being just right.
smile.gif

Hi,
I take it you live in Washington, DC? If so, you really would want to keep your plants in an unheated greenhouse with plenty of ventilation as your plants originate from the east and gulf coast areas of the USA.

no actually i live in Washington the state, so my plants dont originate from where i live.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,
Washington State is not too disimilar to the UK climate, so I would have all the Sarras in an unheated greenhouse all year round. Uk Temps (in Celsius) are between -12 to 30+

Back