What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia Hybrid Propogation

K

Kaolin235

I was told that they will produce seeds. However, the seeds wont germinate? Is that true?

Kaolin,

Who ever told you that was mistaken. Sarracenia hybrids are some of the moes outstanding plants you can get your hands on and they are starting to get like orchids in the complexity of the crosses coming out. The hybrid offspring are often extra vigorous ans strong too. Kinda like mutts in the dog world

Pyro

You won't get the same plant the parent was though, it will be a sport if you grow seed from a Hybrid. Unless you have your hands on a cultivar. This is what richardUK told me, I thought the seed was good for getting the parents too, but it's not. It will germinate if that's all you're asking, and you will get some really interesting looking offspring I bet. If I were you I would not let the seed go to waste, and if you don't want to grow it send it to me, I'ld love to.

Back