What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bug Juice

What if you were to make a peat tea type dealy, only out of bugs, and pour that into the pitchers of your purps... Would that be beneficial? Let me rephrase. Would that work as a type of fertilizer?

Interesting............it may work but it probably WILL become like Purpurea pitcher juice all alone! I mean the big jar everything is in is like a pitcher. Right? I personally would wait to see what Mike King or Richard UK would have to say about it. Personally,no I wouldn't go for it as just go get a bunch of ants or crickets or some other innocent insects and simply dump them in various pitchers.

Hi Parasuco,
Nep G is right, yes it would get benefit, but pouring and preparing the stuff into the pichers!!?? That is upto you, but if your main concern is if you are worried about your plant not getting enough insects, then hand feed it! I would put a little water say a 1/3rd full, put the plant outside and let it do its thing!

I can just imagine you there with a blender trying to make purpurea food!
biggrin.gif

Well, take a gazillion honey bees, ants, and hmmm..... slugs, and blend them together... empty all contents into a glass jar, and sit it in the sun, like your making some kind of marinade, or flavoured oil... Carefully filter out all ground body parts, and fill up your pitchers... Use this instead of filling them half full of distilled water. Refill when the drink is done... I thought of it, kuz isnt it a bit more concentrated, and it will allow for more nutriends per pitcher as well... You can only fit so many bugs into a pitcher, right?

The pitcher might not be able to handle it though
confused.gif

I can imagine the look on the poor persons face that walks into the kitchen and sees him making bug juice in the blender
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

Steve

Back