What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Office

G

I just recieved a couple of Sarracenia seedlings in the mail. They were sent with a "Fragile" sticker on them so apparently some sadistic person at the Post Office decided to kick the box around and sit on it. My little plants ended up getting turned around in their pots and being "buried alive". Most of the leaves are crumpled or broken. My question is.. is there anything I can do to help them out? Any special tips? I rinsed them off and potted them back up but they look so pitiful..

Uh... Try to give them Ideal sarr conditions... Give them high humidity (if you have fungicide, it might help to give them a light prevenative spray)... Stick the pot in a clear plastic bag with bright, non heating (yeah... try your best...
tounge.gif
) light... Keep them in a tray of water, and have the bottom of the bag with a thin layer of water to make humidity happen and stuff...

That might be helpful... I'm supposing.

I suggest potting up in LF sphag as it seems that smaller Sarrs like it better. It also has anti-fungal properties to it.

Ok.. this brings up a question thats been haunting me for months. I just didn't want to ask because it sounds stupid.. but does it matter what kind of sphagnum you use for CPs? Because I was told that the sphagnum species I use and have access to is alot different than what most people use..

Sphag is sphag and that is all that is important. The live sphag that I have been using is a low growing tight form from SC and it works just as well as the long ropey kind I have my Heliamphora in.

You may want to try some superthrive to help alleviate the shock/stress damage....
confused.gif

Just a thought....

I don't have any. Is it worth ordering? Does it make enough of a difference?

Back