What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help my flava

Hey, my sarracenia flava has dark little spots that keep getting bigger. What are they, and what should i do? Secondly my flava has a new trap that is real limp and falling over. How can I prevent this?
                  Thanks,
                     Kevin

I dark splotches are normal and appear this time of year usually. My Flava has them but they are only on older pitchers. It is just a sign of that it is nearing the end of it's life and will soon die away. No worries you should get a few new pitchers this year before dormancy.

Your trap there about it being limp and falling over, all you can do is stake it up. But don't cut it off! It will still collect energy for the plant by photosynthesis.

Hi Kevin,
In addition, make sure your plant is getting all the direct sunlight it can get. Limp growth is a sign of lack of light for your plant.

Hey,
Sorry about the timing but its getting about 8 hours of direct sun light and plenty o water. Just thought youm would like to know.

Kevin

Back