What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What sarrs make these cultivars ?

I am trying to make a cultivar so i don't have to buy it so what sarras bred together make ; dixie lace , sultry maid , and cobras nest ?

goldtrap2690,
Are you aware that even if you crossed the exact original plants used to make these cultivars, there is no guarantee that you will get anything remotely resembling the cultivar you are trying to get? The randomness of the genetics involved are against it happening.

Goldtrap,

Cultivars by mandate have to be propogated only by vegitative means. So in the case of Sarrs it means that you can only get them from divisions of other plants. Crossing the same parents will result in nothing more than a complex hybrid.

I might be able to help you out. Drop me a message

My recommendation is that if you like the cultivar, then buy it. The crosses involved in making 'Dixie Lace' or 'Sultry Maid' would take you over 10 years to complete. As already mentioned, making the cross doesn't produce the cultivar. Although, I'd bet that if you did reproduce some of these crosses, you might create something else worth naming as a cultivar.
imduff

well even if i won't be able to make the hybrid my curiosity for what makes these cultivars is impatient .

If you are impatient then go to the ICPS website, click on the cultivars button and look them up

Visit Hybrids Info too.

Here's an example of what you get when you do 3 identical crosses:

Spxfxlhybrids.jpg

Back