What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia unknown dying?

NickHubbell

It’s a trap!
I have a large S. unknown that is having some problems. The plant is in a 1 gallon container and was recently transplanted. It has sent up several new leaves but they turned soft and died at about 3 inches high. The newly formed flower bud has gone soft.

I have used Dragon 3336 WP as a drench with hopes that it will help. Any suggestions? I have not looked at the roots, but the other 2 Sarracenia transplanted at the same time are doing excellent.

Never mind. Turns out to be a really bad infestation of what I believe to be fungus gnat larva and rhizome rot. I was not able to save the plant
sad.gif
. I didn't notice the problem until yesterday, but didn't take it out to check the condtion of the rhizome until now.

Sorry to hear it. Can you cut off all the dead material and save a small piece. I've saved more than a few VFTs that way.

joe

Back