What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peat moss & pearl lite

Okay..i just ordered some bareroots sarrs...and how much peat moss & pear lite mixture do i put into a 4" pot? do i water them right away?and in florida where would the best place be to put them outside?
confused.gif
i'm not sure...also how far do i put the roots in...i am a beginner at this...but help could help.Thanks
*Bubblegirl*

Fill the pot just about all the way, leaving a spot for the root ball, and you should plant it with the soil line where the pitchers begin to grow up from the rhizome (white, underground stem) You live where Sarracenia naturally grow/grew before habitat destruction, so they should be fine outdoors year round unless they are Sarracenia purpurea ssp. purpurea... Have you considered a bog garden our mini-bog, it would be awesome where you live!!!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif
Just my $0.02
GOOD LUCK!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

Thankyou....i was thinking maybe i would try a bog but i didnt..i odnt know what it would help much...what does a mini bog do? I didnt know they naturally grew here...i thought only in NC.well thankyou
*Bubblegirl*

I don't think that they help/hurt anything, they are just neater looking... A mini-bog is essentially just a larger pot planted with multiple plants... Hope this helps!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

Bubblegirl,
Different species of sars grow all over the place. There are several in FL. What kind of sars did you get? A mini-bog outside might just be idea!

Well i bought some bareroot...tarnok...flava and minor. well i guess i could try a mini bog...yes i does help. now if i do get a mini bog....where in the sun or shade would i put it?
confused.gif
?
alien.gif
thanks.
*bubblegirl*

I really think that sice you are in native habitat, it is more towards sun, but anything there besides deep shade wouldn't hurt them to badly... Just 8 quarters of pennies
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

Yes....well i guess i wont put them in A/C anymore.lol. What did you mean about the 8 pennies?lol.i'm lost.
Bubblegirl.

8 X 1/4 cents = 2 cents

It is another (rather innovative) way of saying "Just my 2 cents". Get it?

....Nope.lol still drawing a blank
*Confused Bubblegirl*

Back