What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. Minor "okeefenokee giant"

Recently we made an artifical pond and filled it with cod and water lilies. Looks nice
smile.gif
I want to add a carnivorous plant to the pond, a S. Minor "okeefenokee giant." The pond is 2 ft deep. My question is that could I place it in the pond? Since it gets giant if submerged. Thanks.
biggrin.gif

i have a pond to and i have many sarracenia in pots submerged.

I have my Okee Giant in a large 2 ft deep minbog with a Darlingtonia,Purp purp and some sundews. I keep it very wet,so the water table is visable and the crown of the plant, in the spring and summer is below the water surface. I find it likes it wet.

You can leave your minor submerged all year round and the added benefit of not worrying about botrytis etc.

Should I plant in a drained or undrained pot?

Submerged?! Really Mike!
wow.gif
smile.gif

I woudl say either eplants, but it HAS to be much wetter than reg. Sarracenia.

Hi Dustin,
It would save eplants the hassle of trying to move it around at all. I keep one specimen submerged all the time and the others just damp and both ways are right.

Okee Giant might as well be classified as an aquatic Sarracenia!

How "submerged" do you have your Okee Giant and/or other Minor plants?

I'm planning to get one for the pond.

Back