What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specimen plant in water

Could I get recommendations for pitcher plants that would work in pots slightly submerged in small ponds? I live on the Central Coast of California, and the temperature is warm but not hot in summer, and cool with very infrequent light frosts in winter.

Thanks in advance

Tim

Well I would sugest your native CP, Darlingtonia. If the ponds water is cool and acidic it will flourish. S.Minor will also do very good. Any form of Purpurea will do extremly well.

I'd say pretty much any sarras could go in. since I'm on the central coast of california too, I think I'll try it. (if you do.)
smile.gif

s.psttacina would also be an excelent candidate.

Cole

Thanks for the replies! Everyone around here wants a water feature in their yard, and I thought it would be nice to by small plants, grow them larger, then use them in my landscaping business.

I supose the planting mix would require more sand or something to weigh the pot down.

Tim

Back