What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worlds largest cephalotus

I was just on sdcps site and looked at the pic of the worlds largest cepholotus

http://www.theautoappraiser.com/sdcps/giant_ceph_small.jpg

is this a real pic or is this a fake?

Spectabilis73
smile.gif

Wow, I think that picture has been masterfully manipulated. It's got to be a fake I think!
wink.gif

I think richard made a picture of something similar to that once, he was standing next to one of his ceph pitchers; very funny looking!
I think that it is a fake.

Cole

The picture is a fake or that is one tiny person.
biggrin.gif

imduff

I think the guy is standing probably3-5 feet away and his buddy took the photo with the lense close to the Ceph. making the plant appear huge. I've seen some other fake CP photos like a VFT x Sundew hybrid.
I wish there were a way to make em that big though!
smile.gif

That picture is "fake". I can't tell if it was photoshopped or like what Swords said, the plant is close to the camera and the guy being far back. The 3 fanged bical on that site is definitely fake.

i agree i also think it is fake. when i magnify it on the computer. you know how when you see little squares if you magnify a picture on the computer. well i did that and i could see large squares on the ceph and the man still is a full picture, no squares,yet

thanks
mike

Larry about the Bical. Yes the picture is fake but when I went to see Mike Catalani I asked him if it was possible to se a Bical with more then 2 fangs? He said yes the most fangs I have seen are 6. And that is no lie he told me. And I thougholy belive him as he is a very reputable guy who does know his nepenthes. Infact it was one of his plants that made more than 2 fangs one time like 2 and a half. But he 6 fanged one was a wild photographed plant.

well, if you believe him, I believe him
smile.gif
(you seem to know everything)

Nep G, I believe he mentioned the 2+ fanged bicals on his website somewhere in the "Nepenthes Univerisity" section. Although cool and unusual, I still think 2 fangs look best
smile.gif

Fakefakefake. Notice how small they made the picture; probably so you won't notice anything. And also notice how close-to-the-camera the plant looks, and how far away the person looks.

LOL i remember that pic...me and a buddy talked about it at a BACPS meeting. Would be cool though....:)

Back