What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Repot?

I just recently got a pitcher plant from pft.com and it is in excellent condition. I have had it for about a week now, and it just seems like it is too large for the pot it is in. I was just wondering if it would be wise to repot it into a larger pot, if so which size pot? it is about 9 inches tall and the pot seems to tiny for it, what should I do?

no expert on this but i beleive pft makes the pots the right size
wink.gif

For a 9 inch plant it would probably be best to use a 4 " pot. If you got it in a 3" pot then you will want to wait until the plant is in dormancy to repot it so as to disturb the roots as little as possible.
Peter

See if the plant looks cramped in the pot. If the rhizome is pressed up against the egde of the pot or if roots are coming out the bottom.

Dont, if u have only had it for a week, its proably just getting use to its surrondings, possibly still shocked from shipping, its not wise to replant it for a month or two.

A few of the more well developed pitchers seem to be drying out around the edges of the lid
sad.gif
I want to make sure they don't turn brown and wilt away. I have been keeping it nice and moist with distilled water, and giving it a decent amount of sunlight. What might I be doing wrong?

Oh yea and I water it from the bottom also
smile.gif

Back