What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My sarrs, not lookin good!

hey
My sarrs arent lookin so good and i was wondering what the problem is.Theve got plenty of distilled water so water is out of the question.I would say they get sun from 7 or 8 in the morning till about 4 or 5 in the afternoon.They have really no shade.The greenhouse is also real humid and hot to, it ranges to about 80 to 100 degrees during the day then cooling way down at night.Im going to move my greenhouse to a shady part of my lawn and keepit 70 to 90 degrees during the day..The symtoms are curling of the hoods (thats what i call them) and the new traps are turning brown. Thanks for your help,
Kevin
confused.gif

i had lots of sarras die and the general concensus wass that they burned in the sun but i live in florida and it get real intense as far as the sun goes.Another thing is that distilled water sometimes has salts in it for taste that might be something to check.
biggrin.gif

I don't think the problem is too much sun. I have put all my pitchers in full Florida sun all day and they are doing great. Some of the pitchers turn brown but that's just part of the process. I think as long as new growth is happening you're probably ok. The curling hoods might be phyllodia, more like a leaf than a pitcher.

thanks for your help but all my pitchers are like dying,when i walk into my greenhouse i immediatly start to sweat its more like 105 in there!!!!Even my new little spouts sre turnin crispy!!!!what should i do???!!!!!
confused.gif

Hi Kevin,
    Make sure your plants get plenty of ventilation so you don't cook your plants and also plenty of humidity. I have seen the photo you sent me, that definately is a winter leaf coming. Where are the pitchers from the 1st photo?

yes i will leave my 2 vents open now, to mike i sent you 2 pictures, one was before and one was after thanks for your help everybody,
Kevin
smile.gif

Back