What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Repotting

Are Pitcher plants root system like Vfts or can you repot them like any other plant? If so how would you repot it.

smile.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks

when i repot any of my cp's, i try to use as much of the original soil as i can, if possible. the big question is why are you repotting? did the plant outgrow the pot it's in, or is there a problem with the current soil? if the plant has simply out grown it's current pot, i would just pop the plant and the soil out of the pot (gently grasp the base of the plant, turn the pot over and tap the bottom a few times to remove the plant), place it in a bigger pot, and fill the sides with fresh soil.

hope this helps!
technoracer

Hi Juniebug -

As long as you are thinking of repotting, I thought you might like to know that my pitcher plants do much much better in Long Fibered Sphagnum than the 50:50 pet/sand mix I grow my flytraps in.

I use 8 inch pots or large 2lb yogurt/sour cream containers that I put holes in the bottom of. They appreciate deep pots.

WildBill

PS: There were some just AMAZING pitcher plants at the NECPS meeting yesterday, but no one had brought a camera this time.....

It had only Peat moss soil in it so i had to change it so the roots wouldn't rot

Back