What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is my plant drying out

Hi Everyone,
My plant was purdhased in a small terrarium with high humidity, but is was only in Peat Moss soil without perlite so i repotted it but why is it drying out

can you give everyone more details on your set up? what did you repot the plant in (soil mixture)? is the plant in the terrrarium? how are you water it (top watering or tray?)?

peace,
technoracer

Hello, sorry to hear you are having problems.

What plant are we having trouble with?

When did the plant start to dry up, before or after the transplant?

Is the plant still in the small terrarium, and is this one of the cup terrariums: a clear pastic drinking cup turned upside down to cover the plant and pot?

What lighting conditions do you have for the plant? If the clear dome, a.k.a. plastic cup, is still on the pot and the plant is placed into direct sunlight, the heat buildup in the dome will bake the plant.

What type of water is being used to water the plant? Distilled, Rain, or Reverse Osmosis water is the best. Using city water, or even well water, can be death to a carnivorous plant. Also make sure there are no fertilizers in the new soil mix and in the water supply.

its a Sarracenia purpurea and it dried out after i changed it into 50:50 Perlite:peat moss

Can you tell us more information, your method of watering. Size of terrarium?

Did you moisten the soil real good with distilled or rain water before you put the plant in it?

Back