What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purple pitcher plant

• Thread starter Shauntell
  • Start date
I was wondering becasue of the braving sarrs in Texas outdoors how it would be if I took my Purple pitcher plant out of the fish tank and put it in the window. I live in Denver and it really dry, but I couldn't imagine it being as bad as Texas. Would it need anything special? would it still need a dome for humidity or would 30% do it? Any suggestions or advice would be lovely. Thanks.

biggrin.gif
Hi Shauntell!  We're practically neighbors
smile.gif
!  I live about 100 miles west of you in Buena Vista.  I have several CP's on my porch rail and they are doing fine.  I have 2 S. Judith Hindle (only have had these 3 days) and a S. leucophylla on my porch. They stay out 24/7, unless it hails.  They sit in trays in ½" of water and get about 7 hours of direct sun from early morning to mid-afternoon.

That's cool! I've been so sad for my plants all cooped up in their aquarium. So at least one of them can come out of the enclosure until I move. Do I need to put a two liter over it to boost humidity or will frequent mistings be enough? Thank you Big Carnivore Kid.
biggrin.gif

Hi Shauntell,
Mine are doing fine without cover, but yours might need to be adjusted to lower humidity gradually since they have been in a terrarium with higher humidity. I would go with the cover if you have a spot out of direct sun. Direct sun on a plant under a cover can cook it quick.

Thanks again, Big Carnivore Kid.
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
Shauntell

Back