What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

!?!?!?!?!

Gosh, :eek: I don't know what to think! In my terrarium I have a Cobra Lily that I recently transplanted into there. I was just checkin on things and down by the base of the plant, there is a 1 1/2" tall pitcher. I mean it is very obviously a pitcher. But it sure as hay ain't a Cobralily. It appears to be a lil seedling, but from where! I've had this plant since x-mas now. I really wanna see what species!!! ack! It obviously came up from some cross contamination at the nurseries, but what should I do w/ it? I believe it is best not to transplant it. Gosh. Surprises are always popping up in this terrarium.
Thanks!!!

Neppie,

It is probably a Cobra pitcher. I would guess that the rhizome of your plant is developing a new growth point. The first pitchers that come up look very NON-Cobra but by about the 4th-5th they start getting their snake-like appearance.

Pyro

really? like really really non cobra? cuz this one is really really really non cobra.
Thanks!!!

Back