What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora Help

Hi,
I've got my first Heliamphora (it's a nutans) yesterday, it's only a baby and i'm worried for it. Can anyone give me some growers tips. Almost everything I've read on the web about them is a bit vauge. Heliamphora's are my favorite CP's and i've been wanting one for ages - please help me get it to thrive. Can I give it Superthrive? Thanks everyone
Rosie.

Hi,

do you know which clone it is ?
Some of the Heliamphora nutans are really difficult to grow...

Heliamphora needs :

- a lot of light !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- daytime temperature between 25-30°C (they don't like to much heat)
- nighttime temperature below 20°C, better below 15°C !!!!
- high humidity above 70%, especially if your plant is ex tissue culture (daytime humidity can drop, if your plant has established and the pitchers are filled with water)
- soil can be sphagnum or a mix of peat and perlite (on of my nutans grows in pure peat)
- some growers prefer the tray system others don't... I didn't note any difference...

Don't firtilize it before it hasn't established and build some new pictchers...
mature plants respond very well to some drops of milk

Martin

Lots of bright light with medium to high humidity. Temperatures ideally no more then 85f during the day and low 60s at night. Potting mix should be well drained. They should be soaked frequently so they stay pretty moist. I would not recommend sitting them in water. Like most othe CPs they need good quality water. Superthrive should be ok for it.
Tony

Back