What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus reproduction

Hey. As you might have heard awhile back, a lot of my cp's have died from a heat over-exposure. Well, here is what has happened to my cephalotus. I cut of the top crown of the ceph, pulled off 2 leaves for cuttings, and pulled off any dead leaves. I place the top into a mix of LF Sphagnum. It is now 4+ weeks, and the crown in the moss is putting out a new leaf. I guess the decapitation method of reproduction does work for cephs
smile.gif
Now i hope the root stalk in the original pot will send up another cephs, and that the leaves will send out cephs, then i would have 4 new cephs
smile.gif

COOL! That's great Zach. As you read in my post about my Ceph's new home, it shouldn't have problems with the heat. Did I mention it was a Cephalotus follicularis'Giant'?
biggrin.gif

Sorry about your plants Ceph!
sad.gif

I guess I missed the story about your plants getting too much heat.
Could you lead me to it please?
I'm wondering what happened now... San Francisco stays pretty mild year round. I wouldn't think it would get hot especially this time of year, it's been raining a lot in the Bay Area.

well, awhile back i placed my plants out in thier terrias in the sun to get some light. i forgot about em, and found most cooked, like steamed.

Back