What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeds!

My sarracenia rubra ssp gulfensis flowers ripened, and I recently just colelcted over 1,000 seed! WAHOO! I will be offering the extras up for sase soon

Double Wahhoooo! I'll be waiting!

Eagerly checks the Trading Post!

SF

could you please pm me when they are available and reserve some for me? thanks

coool , when the seeds are ready tell me , i'd like to have some .

Spectabalis, what plant did the pollen come from? Same kind, or is it a cross?
rolleyes.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (schloaty @ Sep. 02 2003,06:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Spectabalis,  what plant did the pollen come from?  Same kind, or is it a cross?  
rolleyes.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
actually, selfed them all

Could I have some, am from Singapore, waiting and ready to send an international SASE when you say go!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jalan kayu @ Sep. 02 2003,08:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Could I have some, am from Singapore, waiting and ready to send an international SASE when you say go![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I would ususally gladly say sure, but there was a recent post in the trading forum stating that it is illegal to send to other countrys out of America without a CITIS permit...
sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spectabilis73 @ Sep. 02 2003,5:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (jalan kayu @ Sep. 02 2003,08:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Could I have some, am from Singapore, waiting and ready to send an international SASE when you say go![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I would ususally gladly say sure, but there was a recent post in the trading forum stating that it is illegal to send to other countrys out of America without a CITIS permit...
sad.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I think you need CITES permit for seeds under list 1, Like Sarracenia rubra alabamensis, Sarracenia rubra jonesii, Sarracenia oreophila, Nepenthes rajah and Nepenthes khansiana..., not for the seeds under list 2

Spec,

I was going to wait for you to post in the Trading forum, but since everybody else seems to be asking from here, I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon.

Could I have some too?  PM me if you would send me some.  My Sarr growlist is severly lacking!

Thankyou, Thank you!
SF

Hi, I'm from Singapore too, is it possible to send some seeds here as well? I'll send u an International Reply Coupon as soon as to you say yes
smile.gif

bjorn is right! you dont need cites for tisue culture(in flascs) and seeds (even shipping international&#33
wink.gif

Holey monkey! How many plants do you have? 1,000 seeds.

*wonders in awe*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pond boy @ Sep. 02 2003,12:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bjorn is right! you dont need cites for tisue culture(in flascs) and seeds (even shipping international! ).[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
whoa... got so many pms from other people I'm all out of any more seed... so no more requests... thanks
smile.gif

Pond Boy,
          bjorn said that i need a cited permit under appendix 2 to send seed... but i have no way to get one...

if you mean a permit to t/c seeds, you are right, i think

Matt,
    I have one large pot of about 6 rubra gulfensis's.

Also,
    I believe these are of the giant form too (plants were 3 feet tall)

EDIT: and if anyone else wants seed, it will have to be through trade in a few weeks
smile.gif

spectablis,you never replied to me and I was one of the first to ask
sad.gif

I was the 2nd to ask in fact.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spectabilis73 @ Sep. 03 2003,01:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
Could I have some, am from Singapore, waiting and ready to send an international SASE when you say go!
<span id='postcolor'>
sad.gif
[/quote]

Hi Spec

I have check both The US fish and wildlife Services and CITES websites
Attached here are the extracts pertaining to SARRACENIACEAE

http://permits.fws.gov/faqs/FaqS.shtml

Key word =seed
Seeds Does the import or export of seeds need permits?  Under CITES, seeds of Appendix-II plants (except seeds from Mexican cacti originating in Mexico) and seeds of Appendix-I artificially propagated hybrids are exempt from CITES controls.  Plants grown from exempt seeds, however, are protected and require CITES permits to be imported or exported.  Under the ESA, seeds of endangered plants require permits to be imported or exported.  Seeds of threatened plants require permits if the seeds came from wild plants, but do not require permits if the seeds are from artificially propagated plants.  A label stating that the seeds are of cultivated origin must accompany the shipment of such seeds.  To find out how a species is protected, click here to access the CITES list and the ESA list. Check with APHIS and the State to meet their requirements.

http://www.cites.org/eng/disc/species.shtml

Cites List

SARRACENIACEAE

Appendix I
Sarracenia rubra ssp. Alabamensis
Sarracenia rubra ssp. Jonesii
Sarracenia oreophila

Appendix II
Sarracenia spp. #1

Therefore it is alright to send some of you seed to Singapore, am still very interested …. Please say yes…
biggrin.gif

Oh well, I guess I missed out.
sad.gif
confused.gif
. Next time I will PM as well as post.
*Big sigh....*

SF

Alright, time to move on!
wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

same thing happened here snowy, I was the 2nd to post , and what did I get............................nada!

no! everyone that asked me before i said i was out of seed will get seed! I just kinda forgot about it. please reply to my post in the trading forum or pm me your address. thanks
smile.gif

Back