What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bad to catch japanese beetles?

schloaty

Staff member
Does anyone else's Sars catch japanese beetles? My leuco 'red' and leuco (regular) have caught a few, and they look like the beetles have tried to chew their way out...they failed, but never the less there are now a few wholes in otherwise healthy pitchers. Is this bad? Can I "bandage" them by, say, wrapping SARranwrap (sorry) around them?
confused.gif

Are those effected pitchers just simply doomed? Thanks for any input.

I have crushed damaging bugs like that in the pitchers and allowed the plants to have them. I sometimes push the stacks of bugs down into the pitcherswith a thin bamboo stick to allow room for MORE. I have also put a light weight netting in the pitchers to block the bugs access into them so that I can enjoy the beautiful pitchers, if not they fill quickly and fall over and brown

I don't think it would harm the plant if you put </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">SARranwrap[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>(HEHEHE) But that is just my two cents.

Later,
Wes

Back