What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grow

I planted my northern purple pitcher seeds yesterday. I'm so excited, I just sat and willed them to grow for a bit, lol. How long does it usually take a purple pitcher seed to germinate? So far my only seeds have been sundew (which take a month or two) but they are way differnt plants. Thanks
smile.gif

-Darcie

The quickest they will sprout is generally about 1-2 weeks, the longest will be a month or a month and a half. S. purpurea subsp. purpurea generally germinates and grows chiefly in living sphagnum moss and I have found my seeds germinate best on that medium. The disease risk is much lower too fomr the living sphag and this will decrease your casualities (if any). Good luck!

Edit: Also my S. purpurea subsp. purpurea 2 year old seedlings are quite a shwo even when small, I can post a picture if you like.

Back