What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

catesbaeiF2.jpg

A young S. x catesbaei F2

leucounknown.jpg

An unknown leucophylla hybrid.  Probably with alata or rubra.
I think the crimp in the lip was caused by an aphid while the pitcher was developing.

leucoxpsittxrubra.jpg

S. leucophylla x (psittacina x rubra)

oreoxpurpxleuco.jpg

A young S. (oreophila x purpurea) x leucophylla

rubraunknown.jpg

An unknown hybrid.  My guess is S. rubra gulfensis x catesbaei.  It had dark red flowers.

rubraxleucogreen.jpg

Last, but not least, an anthocyanin-free S. leucophylla x rubra jonesii.

Very Nice!
biggrin.gif

Do you create any of the hybrids yourself or did you just buy them?

I bought them. I don't have the patience to grow them from seed, although I made several crosses this year. I crossed: (oreophila x leucophylla) x (alata x leucophylla), (psittcina x swaniana) x (alata x leucophylla), selfed an oreophila and a flava rubricorpora, (alata x leucophylla) x unknown(the one I posted in this thread, guessing it's rubra gulfensis x something), and (flava x alata) x (leucophylla x purpurea). If they worked, I don't know what I'm going to do with the seed. Probably give/trade away most of it. I started some seeds this year, they actually all germinated, but something went through and chewed almost all of them down to the ground, really @!$$ed me off. I think I have maybe 5 that will probably make it, barring any future attacks.

Back