What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New judith hindle

Hi
My mom brought home a new judith hindle from a local nursery and it dosen't seem to have enough room to grow. It is in a little pot and has various weeds and grasses[I'm positive that they are not part of the plant.]that have established themselves fairly well in the soil. I tried to pull some of the grass out and it began to uproot the pitcher plant as though the grasse's roots have tangled with the pitcher plants roots. My question is should I rinse the soil off and carefully pull the weeds/grasses roots off the pitcher plants roots. Or should I just leave it the way it is.

Also[off topic]when I combine spagham peat moss and sand together the sand always goes to the bottom of the pot when I water it, is this alright?
Thanks for your help
wow.gif

I find sarracenia don't have any problems with being repotted. You can leave the soil as it is or rinse everything off (with distilled/rain water) - use your judgement as to what kind of condition the peat is in.
If you keep the plant in a saucer of water instead of watering from above, everything should stay mixed together.

Back