What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi All,

For three weeks I eagerly awaited the special promotion my local Armstrong's Garden Center was having. They were going to offer "large" cp's. Turns out they just had some sarras, but REALLY nice ones! They are in 6 inch pots and I bought 3 (plus some small vft's and pings). But back to the sarras. I got a leucophylla that has pitchers 10 inches tall; purpurea -- beautiful shade of purple; and wrigleyana -- lovely red pitchers (just reading the tags here).

So here's my plan -- if it won't fly let me know. I figured these guys can go outside on my patio (I'm in So. Calif, outside of Pasadena) as they will be able to feed themselves better that way. From my reading they are not as touchy about humidity as other cp's so long as water is kept in the saucers. I can keep them out of the very hot direct sun we get, but let them have late afternoon direct sun as I get home from work about 3:30. I can also mist if that would be good for them.

Does anyone see anything that could be harmful here? I really want them to be happy, and outside they can catch bugs and I think (from me reading) they do require a certain amount of sun.

Thanks. I have to go down and look at them again now
smile.gif

cpwitch

cpwitch,

Your plants will be very happy where you live. Make sure they are always in a tray or saucer of water and they will do well. Go ahead and mist on really hot dry days.

Capslock

Thank you! Just want to do well by them 'cause then I can get more!  
wow.gif

cpwitch

Whooooeeee. You sure said something there. It's an addiction!

You'll find that they aren't all that hard to keep happy if you follow the basic instructions, which it sounds like you are. Don't be alarmed if they catch a LOT of bugs.

Capslock

Back